Mission Statement: Through continuous training and public education, the members of this department will be ever ready to protect the citizens in our community from the tragedy of fire and provide them with quality Emergency Medical Services.
Fire Department (Emergency): 9-1-1
Fire Department (Non-Emergency): 440-968-3318
The Montville Fire & Rescue officers are:
- Ronald Jonovich, Fire Chief
- Bryan Briskey, Assistant Chief
- Bruce Johnson, Lieutenant
- Paul Burger, Lieutenant
- Jeffrey Cvelbar, Lieutenant
October is National Fire Safety Month
You can pick up your free burn permit at the fire station any Tuesday from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Address signs are available for $15.00 each, which includes the digits. Free smoke detectors and batteries are available to Montville residents. Limit one of each per household.
On January 15, 2013, the trustees passed a resolution to adopt the 2011 Ohio Building Code and 2011 Ohio Fire Code and all subsequent future codes. The Fire Prevention Division of Montville Fire Department will be conducting inspections of all businesses within the township. Letters will be sent to the businesses informing them of the two-step process:
- Year 1 & 2 will be voluntary inspections working with the business owners to understand the codes and assisting them with being compliant.
- After Year 2, there will be regular inspections with code enforcement.
The fire department is accepting applications for Cadets, Firefighters and EMT’s. We provide basic training. Interested candidates can stop by the station on Tuesday evenings after 6:30 p.m. for an application or print it using the document below.